Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2011 Clipsal 500 Adelaide 17 - 20 March, South Australia


Thanks to SGP and SMSA, a group of us newly promoted senior race officials were sent to Adelaide, South Australia for the 2011 Clipsal 500 Adelaide motorsport festival. The trip, as part of the training programme, was short and the schedule was tight.

Immediately upon arrival, we went on a track walk to familiarise with the circuit and then to the race briefing.



The races involved many different categories of cars and some of these were on display at the spectator areas around the circuit.






I was assigned to Sector 6, which has a run-off area, but was relatively a safe corner. We had several incidents happening at the Sector, but nothing serious. The entire team was very experienced and they worked together very well, needing very little supervision. I certainly learnt alot from all of them.




On the final day, I managed to squeeze out some time to visit the merchandise area, and this is what I found.





It was a great experience and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The officials were all very friendly and willing to share their expertise. Many of them have been volunteering for many, many years. I hope to be able to apply some of what I had learnt to the Singapore Grand Prix later in the year.













No comments: