Thursday, March 24, 2011

More Favourite Food Places in KL

There are just so many places where you can find good food in Kuala Lumpur, that it will take a few more posts before I can list all my favourites. Every time I visit KL, I will find some new food stalls or restaurants that serve up simply irresistable fare. During my latest visit, the auntie selling "tau fu fah" or sweet soya beancurd gave me a recommendation. Her homemade soya beancurd is smooth and the sugar syrup is just right, not too sweet, and it only costs RM1.20 per bowl. Located just at the corner of Tengkat Tong Shin and near the hotel I always stay in KL, I never fail to drop by for a bowl any time I want a snack.


She noticed that I like to eat, so she recommended a stall along Jalan Alor (somewhere in the middle section of the long street) that sells homemade fish paste served with noodles in a claypot. I found the stall easily. It's called Charn Kee and serves really delicious curry noodle.




I will definitely be back to try out their other dishes.


Another of my favourite stalls is the famous Ngau Kee Beef Noodles, also found along Tengkat Tong Shin. It serves the noodles with a beef gravy that is specially made. The spicy dip sauce also needs special mention. They serve till quite late at night, so if you are ever hungry and cannot sleep, do drop by for supper.





This may look like just another bowl of porridge, but I tell you, it is possibly the most delicious chicken porridge ever. This stall has been around for more than 40 years, selling chicken rice and porridge at the same location. It is situated in a side lane off Tengkat Tong Shin. The stall is so well-known that they don't even need a name. Those who know good food, knows exactly where to find them.

So far, everyone that I brought to try their porridge has agreed with me. I simply cannot leave KL without at least going there once. Simple, yet delicious. Such is the joy of living to eat!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IS THAT BOY A NEW VICTIM? YOU OLD PERVERT/PEDOPHILE!