Friday, July 8, 2011

A Morning at the Beach on Mactan Island

How can one visit Cebu and not visit the famous beaches there. So I took one morning to go to the beach. My friends brought me to the Hadsan Cove Resort, which is on the far side of Mactan Island facing the Pacific Ocean.




It was quite a long taxi ride getting there, but it was really worth it. The place has a "kampong" feel to it, so laid back and relaxing. No hustle and bustle. Just the sound of the waves and nature. Simply beautiful.








Being the off season, there were not many tourists at the resort, only a German family. We almost had the whole seaside to ourselves. Then came a load of tourists from China/Hong Kong (I guess coz they spoke Cantonese with a Chinese accent). They were going island hopping.




I had a great time sun tanning and lazing around in the crystal clear waters. There was also quite alot of marine life, little hermit crabs, squids and octopus, jelly fish, shrimps and fishes. Everything co-exist peacefully together, just like one big happy family.







After spending the whole morning in the water, it was time to go. The sun was heating up and it was getting alittle too hot even in the cool waters.




I am really glad I took time off sight-seeing to come to the beach. It was so relaxing and gave me a chance to slow down and enjoy mother nature. I am now looking forward to my next visit to Cebu and trying out another one of their beautiful beaches, perhaps on another island.
   

No comments: