Saturday, April 23, 2011

A View from the Top




What a view! Feels like I am on top of the world. In New York, there is the Empire State Building, nearer home in Kuala Lumpur, there are the twin Petronas Towers. Finally in Singapore, we also have a building that allows us a bird's eye view of the city of Singapore.



Ever since they started construction on The Pinnacle several years back, I have wanted to go up to the top floor to have a look. I finally got the chance when I attended the baby shower of some friends there. And it was breathtaking. The timing was just right, as the sun set and the moon began to rise.






The roof top garden walk connects all the blocks of 50-storey HDB apartments in Cantonment Road. However, access is through the use of keycards. If you have friends living there, naturally you can borrow their keycards (each family is given 2). If you just want to go up and have a look and don't have friends living there, then you have to pay $5 per person.








I am quite ashamed to admit that I spent more time on the roof than at the baby shower. But it was worth the effort getting to the top. You can see Chinatown, Tanjong Pagar, the Container Port, the Central Business District, Sentosa and miles around. And they landscaped the gardens to include a lounge area, a viewing deck and even a beach. Lots of photo opportunities and many places to just relax and enjoy the view.


Just before leaving, standing there looking out, I told myself : "I'll Be Back!".

No comments: